Saturday, July 31, 2010

Meet the Staff: Karen Leslie


Name: Karen Leslie
Position: Contributor
I Have Been a Sailor Moon Fan Since: 1998

Favorite Episode or Movie: Episode 34 of the original, 30 in the dub- I like both versions, but the visual of the crystal appearing from Usagi's teardrop with My Only Love playing in the background is particularly memorable for me. I also think 166, the finale of SuperS, is seriously underrated; am I the only one who thinks it's cool that the big bad of the season turns out to be gravity?

Favorite Sailor Moon Character: Sailor Venus. She's crazy in such a special, lovely way.

Other Anime or Manga I like:
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Fate/Stay Night, Claymore, Durarara!!, Card Captor Sakura, Ginban Kaleidoscope, Ghost in the Shell, Eyeshield 21, Love Hina, Azumanga Daioh, and uh, there's lots more- depends how I'm feeling when you ask me.

Other tidbits: I also write for Japanator.com, and am attending this year's Otakon in a decidedly Moon-Chasey capacity. I want a snazzy boxset of all 200 SM episodes pretty badly- well, actually I wanted that pretty badly ten years ago. Now I'm past wanting it "pretty badly" and have moved on to uncharted territory.

No comments: