Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Toei Animation Beams Sailor Moon Towards More Trade Shows in Europe in 2011!


Last week, Toei Animation Europe announced that they will appear at 3 different entertainment branding trade shows over the next couple of months. These are:


Prague’s World Content Market, from February 21-23
Paris’ Kazachok Forum from March 31st to April 1st
Cannes’ MIPTV April 4-7.

All of these are pretty big events that are attended major players in licensing and broadcasting from around the world. Sailor Moon will be marketed at all 3, as will other properties that Toei Animation shopped around last year. We didn’t notice any new properties on their exhibition lists this year.

We encourage fans in European countries that are still waiting for Sailor Moon to write not only Toei Animation Europe (pick Sales License and make sure you write in your letter what country you are in), but also any anime licensing companies that you want to see release Sailor Moon. Also, make note that Toei Animation will be featuring Sailor Moon as a part of their exhibition booth at the events we’ve listed above. Companies all over the world are aware of Sailor Moon’s resurgence, but it never hurts to put a face to the fandom who wants to enjoy it again!


Oh yeah, and just for kicks, we think you fans might want to see this. Kazachok has a gallery available of all the exhibitors from last year, and we finally found a shot of Toei Animation's Booth! And look who the booth is themed around?


Picture Credit: Kazachok Photogalerie 2010

5 comments:

kaptinkawaii said...

kyaaaa!
i want this in america so bad! xD
,,>w<,,
by the way how are the 4-5 results?
its been soo long :O

sailordees said...

At the risk of getting egged on by some readers, I'm finally going to answer this question.

The report is 90% done. It has been that way for a few months now, but I just haven't had the time to write that last bit and string together all the files in an orderly fashion. The numbers have been done for a while now (there are something like at least 50 charts done in excel for this one), just the words that follow them are left. Unfortunately while it was really good that we left (almost) no stone unturned throughout our surveys, it also means that the accompanying reports need to be extensive. Looking back, I really have no idea how I was able to put together the first 200 page report in such a short time, and there is a looming pressure to make this one just as good if not better than the first one. I got a few indications a few weeks ago that I really do have more time than I thought I did (and I'm not hopelessly late) in getting the report to the people it matters most to. I also have to give massive thanks to the companies for their understanding in my communications with them over the last few months! I do trudge at it when I have a free weekend, and I did get some written over the holiday season (but not as much as I desired to). I am really hoping to get this done a month from now as I foresee a little more free time in the next 2-3 weeks.

Then it will be some time before the results get posted to this site in a reader-friendly way, so I can't really put a timeframe on when that will happen.

I hope this answers the readers' question. I do miss working on this blog and WGTS too, and I know that we have been falling behind. But, we are working behind the scenes to make the most efficient use of our staff members and our entire staff can't thank our readers enough for their patience and understanding!

Chris said...

Still hope the phase 4 & 5 results will convince Toei to license the show again...

Chris said...

EDIT: As in to America.

Unknown said...

That great more places in Europe might aquire the rights,but why won't toei say weather or not they will allow it back in America? They let Dragonball z Kai come here. It belongs to toei for those who didn't know. However,they're keeping sailor moon locked away from America. I don't get it! BAKA TOEI ANIMATION!